MEDICAL PEER REVIEW
Medical Peer Review provides an opportunity for CAC Medical Professionals to discuss the interpretation of medical findings, review documentation, and provide feedback regarding the quality of documentation. The Midwest Regional CAC hosts two medically-focused peer review groups – one general and one for SANE nurses. Each peer review group meets on a monthly basis for one hour.
- Goals of Medical Peer Review
- Enhance the quality of documentation of physical findings in cases of suspected child abuse.
- Provide the opportunity to discuss findings and interpretation of findings in cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Increase the knowledge of medical providers in Children’s Advocacy Centers nationally.
- Provide an opportunity to discuss cases of suspected child abuse and neglect in multi-user national, multi-user regional as well as point-to-point connections.
What will I need to participate?
- Access to a computer with high speed internet
- Webcam (Built-in or Plug-in)
- Microphone (Built-in or Plug-in)
- Speakers (Built-in or Plug-in)
How often are the peer reviews held?
Each month, there are nine Forensic Interview Peer Reviews, four Medical Peer Reviews, and one SANE Peer Review. MDT Case Review is held quarterly, and Spanish Speaking Forensic Interview Peer Review is held every other month. All Medical and SANE Peer Review calls typically last one hour, while all other calls last around 90 minutes.
What are the expectations of participating sites?
Sites participating in peer review are expected to attend on a routine basis AND take turns presenting cases for peer review. Participating sites must commit to the entire year, participating on a monthly basis.
Cost: Annual fee of $150.00 per CAC (includes all peer review programs)
The 2017 Peer Review Session takes place from January 1, 2017 through December 30, 2017.
Enrollment ended on October 28, 2016; however, if you are still interested in participating during the 2017 session, please contact Kim Martinez, Program Manager Peer Review & Medical Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 612-759-9344.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact, Kim Martinez, Program Manager Peer Review & Medical Academy, at email@example.com or by phone at 612-759-9344.
EVALUATION AND CEUs
Did you recently participate in Medical Peer Review? Click below to complete an EVALUATION to receive CEUs: