In collaboration with the Regional Children’s Advocacy Centers, Midwest Regional CAC invites advocates to participate in The Advocate’s Role in the Multidisciplinary Response to Child Abuse. This training is intended to fulfill the 24.0 hours of core training for victim advocates required in the National Children’s Alliance Standards for Accredited Members and covers the nine competencies set forth in those standards.
- Audience: This training is appropriate for all advocates that take part in providing the constellation of services to children that are served by a children’s advocacy center (CAC), including victim advocates employed by the CAC, working at a partnering District Attorney’s office, and/or staff of a community-based organization.
- Course Format: This course includes four 5 hour sessions of live instruction via Zoom and approximately 4 hours of independent pre/post work to complete 24.0 hours total of instruction.
- Program Dates: The next cohort will take place in February on the following dates from 9 am to 3 pm Central: February 16, February 17, February 23, and February 24, 2022. For the full list of additional 2022 cohort dates, download the Flyer below.
- Cost: There is no tuition fee for this training.
- Application: The application for the future training sessions will be available approximately one month before the training dates. To receive a notification when applications open for this training, please click on the Sign Up for Updates icon below.
Please note: Your application does not guarantee acceptance into the cohort. You will be notified of acceptance after the registration deadline.