What is Midwest Regional Peer Review?
Midwest Regional CAC Peer Review is a national online peer review program coordinated and hosted by the Midwest Regional CAC. Peer Review sessions are moderated by a variety of CAC professionals from around the nation (learn more here). The Midwest Regional Peer Review program utilizes Webex, a HIPAA-compliant web-conferencing platform.
Who can participate?
Midwest Regional CAC peer review is available to medical providers and forensic interviewers. Over 1,000 CAC and MDT professionals from over 260 sites currently participate in the program!
- What will I need to participate?
- Access to a computer with high speed internet
- Webcam (Built-in or Plug-in)
- Microphone (Built-in or Plug-in)
- Speakers (Built-in or Plug-in)
How often are the peer reviews held?
Each month, there are twenty-seven Forensic Interview Peer Review sessions, four Medical Peer Review sessions, two SANE Peer Review sessions, and two sessions for Spanish Speaking Forensic Interview Peer Review. Also, we offer three sessions a year on Interviewing Individuals with Disabilities. This peer review is specifically designed to have interviews where the individual being interviewed has some type of disability. Participants can share and receive feedback regarding language use, advocacy issues and more. These sessions will have a moderator who has expertise in working with individuals with disabilities to provide that insight.
All Medical and SANE Peer Review sessions typically last one hour, while all other sessions last approximately 90 minutes.
What are the expectations of participating sites?
Sites participating in peer review are expected to attend on a routine basis (at least 9 sessions per year) AND to take turns presenting cases for peer review. Participating sites must commit to the entire year, participating on a monthly basis. It is the presenting site's responsibility to find a substitute if they are unable to present for their assigned date.
Cost: Annual fee of $150.00 per CAC. This fee is charged by the site, not the individual participants. Once a CAC has registered to participate in the peer review program, any CAC staff/MDT partner can participate in any or all of the peer review sessions offered. One hour of free CME credit is offered per call for Medical Peer Review and SANE Peer Review. NOTE: There may be an additional cost incurred for sites whose interview recordings are not available in one of the acceptable formats or able to be converted to one of those formats. The typical cost for file conversion software is about $50.
The Peer Review Program operates on the calendar year, January 1st through December 31st.
Enrollment for the 2019 session ended on October 23, 2018; however, if you are still interested in registering for the 2019 session, please contact Kim Martinez, Program Manager Peer Review & Medical Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 612-759-9344.
- Provide CAC Forensic Interviewers and MDT Professionals with the opportunity to discuss forensic interviews and provide feedback regarding those interviews in cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- To increase the knowledge of forensic interviewers at Children’s Advocacy Centers nationally.
- To enhance the quality of documentation of forensic interviews in cases of suspected child abuse.
- Provide forensic interviewers the opportunity to network with other interviewers.
Evaluation and CEUs Did you recently participate in forensic interviewing peer review? Click below to complete an EVALUATION to receive CEUs.
- Enhance the quality of documentation of physical findings in cases of suspected child abuse.
- Provide the opportunity to discuss findings and interpretation of findings in cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Increase the knowledge of medical providers in Children’s Advocacy Centers nationally.
- Provide an opportunity to discuss cases of suspected child abuse and neglect in multi-user national, multi-user regional as well as point-to-point connections.
Looking for orientation materials and the core communities calendar for the 2019 session of Peer Review? Look no further! Visit mrcac.org/2019-pr-support or click below to find participation aids.